Title: Laboratory Technician
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Milton Park
Emergex Vaccines is a privately held company focusing on the development of vaccines against viral and bacterial infectious diseases, using purely synthetic peptide and sugar components on a gold nanoparticle support matrix. Our vaccines prime immune cells to destroy pathogen infected cells by targeting cytotoxic T cell responses, as opposed to the more conventional antibody-based vaccines
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious cell biologist/immunologist to join our R&D team. You will have a broad background in cell biology and/or immunology along with flow cytometry experience and a willingness to learn and develop new techniques. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful biotechnology company at an exciting stage in its development.
- Maintain stocks of lab consumables, reagents, and the general smooth running of the labs.
- Production, handling and storage of PBMC from fresh blood samples.
- Maintain and grow cell lines and help with running in vitro tissue culture experiments.
- You may be encouraged to help with the manufacture and purification of gold nanoparticles.
- Clean down of equipment and rooms to a compliant standard.
- Ensure compliance with environmental, health and safety rules, signage and instructions at all times.
- Ensure databases are up-to-date and compliance with HTA regulations.
Qualifications / Experience:
- BSc or MSc in a biological science, ideally with several years of laboratory experience but experienced non graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience in cell handling, tissue culture techniques and maintaining sterility is essential.
- Experience in immunological assays such as flow cytometry and ELISAs is essential.
- Highly motivated with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thoroughness and ability to follow procedures and attention to details.
Who we are looking for:
- Punctual, confident, adaptive, flexible individual
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy
- Competent at record keeping skills
- Confident dealing with people at all levels of an organisation, to build strong relationships and challenge when necessary.